Sunday, January 23, 2011

Very Belated Christmas Recap - Part I

Well, I wasn't going to blog about Christmas because for Christian and I, it was a very hectic time with overtired, off-schedule babies. We were stressed, trying to keep them happy and playing after short naps. A good friend though, suggested to write about the happy times and maybe I would remember it differently. This is my attempt to do so. Due to the craziness of it, I didn't take any pictures.

All the pictures are with credit to my awesome sister-in-law, Lindsay. I envy her skills with a camera.

Christmas Eve!
We celebrated Christmas with my husband's family who live about 45 minutes east of us. We arrive around noon to help prepare for the big feast. Christian's family always does Italian food for Christmas Eve dinner. His mom's grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Italy in the 20's. Dinner was a scrumptious affair although because the boys needed attention, I didn't get as much as I wanted. Yay for leftovers!

Here is a group shot of everyone on Christmas Eve Dinner.

From Left and going around: Lindsay (Christian's sister) and her husband Andy, Bill - Jimmy's Dad, Christian - holding Patrick, Me - holding Payden, Christian's Dad, Christian's Mom. Joanie - Andy's Mom, Carol - Jimmy's mom, Jimmy -Brooke's husband, Brooke - Christian's sister.

Before dinner, we helped the boys unwrap some gifts. They had quite the pile of gifts and we knew it would be more fun to drag it out a couple days. The boys had no interest in the wrapping paper but sure loved their gifts.




One of their favorites is this toy. It is so fun to watch their little minds work and they play with the colored beads.. I also remember it being one of my favorite toys in our doctor's office growing up. I think it was a lot bigger though.


And here are four more pictures from Christmas Eve..





No comments:

Post a Comment