Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Developments

So this last week has been one of many firsts for Patrick and Payden. I wanted to make mention of it because it's been a lot of fun to watch them grow and catch onto things.

One of the cutest things that has been going on for awhile is Patrick knows his Da Da. I have a book with a picture of Daddy and Mommy and we point to Daddy and ask him Who's this? He will look right at you and say, "da da." Sometimes he will just whisper it. So cute!

Tuesday:
  • Patrick learned how to hit the musical ladybug on the exersaucer to make it play music. He hit it over and over again. I think this finally clicked from playing at their Christmas Leap Frog Play Table where he has to hit something to make it play music.
  • Payden crawled 4-5 knees at a time in the kitchen. It was amazing. I'm not sure but maybe it's easier on tile for him. Then again, maybe he is dragging his knees.
  • Patrick pulled himself up to his knees to the couch and also another time trying to get something. This has been something I have been working with him a lot with. I was excited it finally paid off!! :)
  • Patrick also has been rocking and rocking and rocking on his hands and knees. This has been happening for a few weeks. He is still moving backwards and getting stuck places but he's learning!
Wednesday:
  • Patrick was rocking on his hands and knees and then went to sitting up by himself. I was so surprised. I put him on his stomach and watched him do it again. He has yet to do it in his crib yet. I don't know if I am ready for that yet!
  • Payden crawled to Christian and I so well. He went 4-5 knees and is so close!
  • Patrick and Payden are both now waving bye bye with their right hand. It is so precious! Patrick's is a little more coordinated when Payden is a little more floppy but they understand!
I am going to be working with them a lot! I so want them crawling by their 1st birthday in only 11 more days! So crazy!

* New development on Thursday - BOTH boys were sitting up in their cribs when I got them up from naps!

1 comment:

Post a Comment