Since we are moving next week, we changed their 4 month well child appointment to today. I was a little apprehensive because I know Payden is still a little small and behind in some areas.
We found that:
Patrick: 12 lbs exactly! - Holds his head well, and supports himself when he's on his tummy. He also pushes off on his legs when standing.
Payden: 9 lbs 9 oz (up from 9.4 three weeks ago) - Our Dr wasn't too much concerned with his weight (although only in 1st percentile) because he's eating well and thinks he just has a higher metabolism than Patrick. However when she tested his neck strength, she was quite worried that he wasn't holding it up or supporting himself while on his tummy. She wrote a referral for him to see a Pediatric Physical Therapist. They will do an evaluation and give us some exercises to do with him to help him to strengthen himself. I am going to try to see if I can get him into to see someone this week before we move. In the meantime, I am going to be more diligent about tummy time more often throughout the day.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Wow! Another month has gone by; these boys are now 3 months.
We have an appointment on Thursday and we'll find out their weights. I think Patrick is probably about 12 lbs and Payden is 10 lbs.
Here are a few tidbits:
- He recently discovered his hands and is constantly sucking on them. It's really cute when he finds his thumb and sucks.
- absolutely loves to smile.
- After waking from his nap, he will just lay in his crib and talk to himself and be all happy.
- He also discovered his hands are for sucking
- Just in the last couple weeks, he has started smiling so much. They mostly come when his tummy is completely full.
- He is becoming quite the little sleeper. The last week, I have had to wake up him for feedings and now is CONSISTENTLY sleeping 5-6 hours a night.