Friday, September 30, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls - A Yummy and easy Recipe!

Last Monday, I made these delicious Cinnamon Rolls. I had been thinking about them for a couple of days and mulling over the recipe in my head and wondering if I had everything for them. I had to take one stop to Hyvee to grab Evaporated milk but other than that I was good to go!

Here is the recipe. I got this from my mom and made it countless times during college and my marriage. It has been used so many times in our family among my brothers and sisters. If I remember correctly.. I think my brother made them for his future wife for their first date! They're legendary! I confess I don't know where exactly she got it from though. :)



Cinnamon Rolls


2 cups scalded milk (or powdered)
1 cup sugar
½ cup sugar
½ cup shortening
1 cup mashed potatoes (you can use real, pearls or flakes)
2 eggs beaten
2 pkg yeast in ½ cup water
1 tsp salt
7 cups flour

Icing:
½ package powdered sugar (3 cups)
½ cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
enough canned milk to make spreadable

Instructions:

Make sponge of milk, sugar, shortening, salt, and poatoes, eggas and 4 cups flour. Beat for 5 mnutes. Add yeast mixture, rest of flour and 1 cup raisens. Stir the last cup by hand. Mix until smooth. Dough will be sticky. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before rolling out. Roll our—spread with soft butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/ sugar. Roll up like jellyroll. Cut with floss. Let rise until doubled (at least 2 hours). Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Spread on icing when rolls are hot. Dough can be frozen for 30 days.

(This recipe is REALLY easy to HALF. It makes 16 large rolls if halved).

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment