Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Moments to Remember: 2009


Christmas Eve:

  • The smell of a cooking turkey in the crockpot all day - totally made Christmas Eve for me
  • Organizing the nursery together - putting the Jayhawk bedding and decals up
  • Making dinner together: Turkey, stuffing, cheese ball, corn, gravy, and mashed potatoes
  • Watching "The Christmas Carol" and "Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir."
  • Spending time together and keeping Maddie from getting into the presents
Christmas Day:
  • Maddie woke us up at 5 and then we slept until 6:30
  • Christian went out and turned on the Christmas lights and then came and got Maddie and me. We let Maddie go first and she was so excited
  • We first helped her unwrap her presents so she'd be playing with toys while we unwrapped ours
  • We unwrapped gifts
  • took a nap, talked to family, and went to see "The Blind Side."
Gifts I was excited to receive:
  • Lovely plush bathrobe (Christian did wonderfully) - I needed one for the hospital
  • new, soft slippers
  • lotion, body wash and perfume all in my favorite scent (I realized then where my coupon went, he stole it! .
  • GPS navigation device for the car - a lot of fun and no more Mapquest!!
  • Beautiful glass Vase and cookie drying racks

3 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Sounds like a busy, but fun Christmas season you had at your house. Next year will even more crazy with two little boys at your feet.
Won't be long now!

Aimee said...

How nice to have a quiet Christmas! I am so excited for you and your hubby to hold those beautiful baby boys for the first time.
~I like the cookie drying racks too, mostly for the cookies I make!

Melissa Ann said...

Hurray for a quiet Christmas! I'm so grateful that your boys enjoyed it safely inside of you :D

Post a Comment