Thursday, October 30, 2008

Last Weekend


Last weekend, it was just Maddie and I at home. Christian had a continuing education class that his whole work had to attend. Going into the weekend, I didn't have any plans but as it turned out, I had a lot of fun. Saturday morning, I cleaned for about an hour while Maddie kept sleeping on the bed. Then I ran to Wal-Mart to grab some things we needed and also the materials to make my Halloween costume. We were invited to a Halloween party with some friends that evening. When I came home, I turned on the BYU Football game to listen to as I made my costume. I spread out the red felt on the bed and walked into the kitchen to find a pair of scissors. When I came back in the bedroom, Maddie had plopped herself in the middle of my felt. I laughed pretty hard when I saw her. She was only trying to help. I decided to play with her for a little while and then I continued making my costume.
With my costume, I went for easy. I decided to be a lady bug. All I had to make was the red, spotted wings and some feelers on top of my head. I used red felt for the back and cut out black felt for the dots. Then I made the feelers out of pipe cleaners and a head band. For my body, I just wore a black shirt, black pants and black shoes. (I'll post some pictures of my costume tomorrow as I'm wearing it to work for Halloween.
Earlier that day, a friend from my ward had invited me to go with her to a Pet Halloween costume contest with out dogs. So I grabbed Maddie and her costume and met her at the store that was sponsoring the event. When we got there we couldn't believe what we saw. A nearby farmer has dressed up his newborn calf in a dress. Someone else had dressed up their pony as a very large black spider. Unfortunately Maddie didn't win the contest but everyone that participated won a certificate good for $10 of Doggy treats. After spending our $10, we took the dogs over to the off-leash dog park next to the store. The off-leash park is a fenced off area where dog owners unleash their dogs and let them romp and get to know one another. Maddie has always loved it but that day there were a lot of bigger dogs and she was quite timid. Towards the end she met a little puppy and they chased each other around the park for 10 minutes. One of the things I like most about these parks is how Maddie is so exhausted when she comes home. It also gives her the chance to interact with other types of dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment